Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Wine Museum

 The hotel has an on-site wine museum for registered guests. It is open 24 hours!

Like some of the displays outside, there are wine making relics, showing how things were done many generations ago.


Along with props, there were posters and maps hanging.


There is a collection of bottles.



I would love a bottle tree like this.


They had a book with a lot of information about wine history. I was hoping they would have a copy in my room, but they didn't. Next time I stay here, I will take more time to read through it. (If you are reading this, great people of Mission de Oro, you should sell copies in your gift shop!)



I definitely need one of these for my library.




There have been so many types of wine tools, including dozens of different types of cork openers.







This looks more like a coffee maker.







How can I get one of these for my wall?










Even the carpet is decorated with grapes.


This was not full of wine.


I could use a barrel or two.




They give registered guests a special key card that gives access to the museum. Visit as many times as you like during your stay - and any time of day or night!



They don't have an attached wine shop, which seems like a missed opportunity. At least offer some trinkets for sale with the logo!

No comments: