Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Sequoia Park Zoo, Part 1

The Sequoia Park Zoo is the oldest municipal zoo in California.


It is an intimate zoo with smaller animals in natural habitats.







They feature many different birds.

Flamingos aren't naturally pink. They are gray when they are hatched, and turn pink as they consume beta carotene in their diets.


It is not fully understood why flamingos stand on one foot, but one theory is that it helps to keep their body temperatures on the warmer side.









I like crossing these foot bridges.



Now this was a bird new to me, and also fun to witness. At first, I thought that "screamer" had nothing to do with sound, and then they started making noise.


This was also another new animal to me.





It looks like they mixed a bunny with a deer.






I don't have very big wings.



Yay, lots of redwood trees!



They have an aviary where it is required to stay quiet while visiting. Don't want to frighten the birds!



Look at the color on that one!



I love a colorful bird.





Sometimes you might hear someone say "birds are jerks" and that is probably because as soon as you point your camera at them, they fly away.



No comments: