Friday, April 9, 2021

Sunshine and Wine, Part 2

 More choo-choo!

This train engine is permanently parked near the deli and candy shop. You can get inside and sit on the benches, or pretend to be a conductor. It's a fun photo spot.

Mr Duffy loves trains, he had a good time hanging out here.



This is a great place for fun photos on different props. But most are safe only for lovies to pose on, no humans. Please read the signs and follow the rules.

We were ready for lunch. We looked at the restaurant but it was quite crowded. So we decided to just grab a quick lunch at the deli, and this ended up being a good decision.

They have sandwiches and burritos, as well as snacks like chips and small salads. They also have wine tasting.

Mr Duffy and I decided to try a flight of wines. We picked the fruit set. The first wine we tried was raspberry. I thought it tasted a bit like cough medicine.

The next wine was blackberry. It was a bit drier than the raspberry, which I like. To me, wine should taste like wine, and not juice that's been spiked with rubbing alcohol. That is not to say that these wines are not tasty, it is just my own opinion.

Next up was plum. This would end up being Mr Duffy's favorite of the four. I quite enjoyed the flavor as well. Mr Duffy picked up two bottles of it.

Our last flavor was pomegranate. This is the one that is advertised on the freeway billboards. This one was my favorite, so I bought a bottle of sparkling pomegranate.

We had a delicious tuna sandwich with crispy vegetables. It paired so well with the wines.

Mr Duffy and I have had out share of wines, but this was our first time experiencing a tasting of a flight. We had so much fun and it really sparked our desire to visit more wineries for fresh tastings.

This is such a great presentation. I like how it included a card with the names of each flavor.

After our lunch, we went inside to buy our bottles of wine. I was tempted by the sauces and spices for cooking. They have so many tasty things for sale.


It would be fun to have a wine display like this at home!


No comments: