Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Foster's Freeze: A California Original

 Foster's Freeze opened their first store in Inglewood in 1946.

Their specialties were ice cream and hamburgers. Today, their menu has expanded a bit.

I ordered their fish sandwich, and a side of onion rings. The sandwich was a bit hard to pick up because it was very saucy. It is also two strips rather than one patty. But with it being awkward to pick up, it was absolutely delicious. I liked their onion rings, they were average and tasty. One of my lunch companions had fries, which I sampled, and they were one of the best of any fast food places.

They have some frosties and milkshakes. I chose the coffee shake, as I usually choose the coffee flavor. It was really good, but quite creamy for me. Now this is very tasty, and I would recommend to friends. But as a bear that was not made to drink milk from another species, the milk was a bit much for me to handle.

They have walk up windows for ordering and picking up food, and a good amount of outdoor seating.


It is definitely a place to try if you have never been there, and will be a place I stop again in the future when I want a fish sandwich.


This trivia is from the Foster's Freeze website: The Fosters Freeze franchise in Hawthorne, California is known to be the hamburger joint, where Beach Boys band member Dennis Wilson saw the girl in the Thunderbird he sang about in his song titled "Fun, Fun, Fun".


No comments: