Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Tall Ships

I have been hearing about the Tall Ships at the San Diego Maritime Museum and wanted to see them. I didn't have time to do the tour, but I was happy to look at them from the outside.


This is the Maritime Museum, it is on a boat.

San Diego Bay.

Palm trees and big buildings, especially near the water, make me feel happy.

More historical markers for me to check off my list.






This is the Star of India.


One day, I will do the self-guided tour and get to see things up close.









This was a nice bench at the harbor.

This was really neat, this building has recessed and dimensional words carved in it.

A helicopter passed by on my walk.

This is an aircraft carrier.






These artistic installments decorate the walkway. This is a metal tree that has letters that spell TREE.





I kept walking until I hit Seaport Village.



Ah, a relaxing fountain, which was not really needed since I was at the bay and that was a BIG body of water.


They have a year-round Christmas shop. I didn't go in for some reason. Well I guess I will have to go back next time so I can get an ornament or two.






There were banners advertising Comic-Con.

I like how this lawn was decorated with the flamingos.



I have t work on my selfie skills, I cut off the head of this statue. Oh, well. Now it was time to head back to get ready for SDCC preview night.

No comments: