Tuesday, July 16, 2019

San Diego Zoo: The Thing About Elephants Is

Right near the polar bear exhibit is where the zebras live. I was able to get up close for a good photo.



I saw this eagle in the tree, it was quite majestic.



Now around to the California specific section. They had this display that showed what the tar pits were like, and how animals got trapped. The found so many fossils and could see which animals lived in the Los Angeles region tens of thousands of years ago.



A variety of bears lived and roamed in California. They are my ancestors.




Around the bend from the California exhibit was the area dedicated to elephants.

Elephants have a great memory. I wish I had that ability.



You don't have to tell me more than once.



Such a cute sloth!


On the prowl.




Here, I learned about the great care the zookeepers take of the elephants. They have a devoted hospital on site for research and care. Also, elephants have a great memory, and you can read about that here. I wish I had that ability.


I like capybaras, which are the biggest rodent in the world.

We started running low on time, and there was still so much to see! Time to hustle.

No comments: