Tuesday, July 16, 2019

San Diego Zoo - Lunch and Polar Bears

After all of that walking, my body was ready for refueling. I chose the table service restaurant, Albert's.


We ordered an appetizer of prosciutto, ricotta, and fresh sliced peaches with fresh basil. None of those things sound like they would taste good together, but it was so good.


What do you think I ordered for my meal? Pasta with seafood! Did you guess correctly?

For a fancy restaurant that boasts diners have a private waterfall, this was my view. I was disappointed because this was essentially a behind-the-scenes area with just some plants.

After lunch, I walked up to the skyway. They are these buckets that you load on the ground, then they carry you way high up over the park and take you from one end to the next.


This was actually a bit thrilling. And it is cold up there!

We landed at the reptile house, so I looked at some snakes.





























There were so many reptiles in there, I am convinced that this exhibit had more animals than the smallest zoo I have been to. That is a good way of telling just how big this zoo really is.


I want a bear statue like this for my backyard. Well, I need the backyard first!


The San Diego Zoo, in addition to thousands of animals, has thousands of plants, flowers, and trees. This is the perfect yellow.



I love when flowers have several different colors. They inspire me to get really adventurous when I am coloring.

Many of the plants that are grown in the zoo actually feed a lot of the animals that live there.

I had a ticket to ride on the tour bus, and I wanted to get a ride before I missed out. So I boarded and got ready to see the zoo from a different perspective.



This was something I definitely wanted to check out later.

We swung by the elephant pen. Did you know, elephants are known for having a great memory? I wish I had that ability.






Other zoos I have been to have the most well-known animals. Bears, elephants, hippos, tigers, and monkeys are at many of them. But this zoo had animals I had never heard of before. It was so interesting and fascinating to see that I really don't know much about how many different species are out there.






After the exotic plains animals, I went to see the polar bears.







I love it!




Aw, what a cute sea critter.

And there is a polar bear!

Polar bears are aquatic animals, and technically are an ocean animal. So someone could ask me about my favorite ocean animal, and I could say the otter or the orca. But I am a bear, and I do love all the bears.





After that, we still had half of the zoo left to see.

No comments: