Tuesday, July 16, 2019

San Diego Zoo: Dinner and Bears


While I was at the elephant area, my last camera battery died. I had gone through three fully charged batteries that day. That is how many photos I was taking! So I had to rely on my phone for the rest. So there will be scattered photos for this last portion of my zoo review.







It's a baby!



This is one gigantic beetle.





Look at that face! So cute.





Every time the camel faced me, I got my camera ready. Then it looked away. I guess it didn't want me taking its picture.








Koalas! So many people mistakenly call them "koala bears" because they resemble teddy bears. They are actually marsupials. That means they carry their babies in their pouches.



It was time to stop for dinner. I looked at the map to plan out the rest of my time. There was still a lot of zoo I didn't cover, so I will have to go again to see what I missed.

I got some ribs for dinner, and they were mediocre. But the beans were so good that I ate mine and my human companion's.


There were some big kitties to see.






And then we found more bears!







I love these bears.

This one was hiding out.




There are so many different types of bears.

This is where the sun bear was, and you could "bearly" see it in person.

We really had to go but I couldn't leave without seeing the penguins.






You definitely need two days to see this gigantic, fabulous zoo. And if you like to take your time to read all of the facts posted at each exhibit, you might want to stretch it out over three days.

This is by far the best zoo I have ever been to. There were so many animals I had never seen before and was happy to learn about, and the variety of bears was pleasing. Sadly, the panda bears were taken and so now the zoo doesn't have any on display. But there are many other great ones.I'll get to a panda one day. Until then, happy reading!

No comments: