Tuesday, July 30, 2019

NYC: What Is It About You?

 You're big
You're loud
You're tough ... Yet I can't get enough

Today, Mr Duffy actually got up early enough and was able to keep up with me on the way to LAX airport. I told him that he would be able to sleep on the plane, but maybe he was looking forward to five plus hours of flight time that he would be able to do gaming.

 We arrived at our terminal with just enough time to grab a soda and wait to be called to board. We looked out the windows to see if we could spot our plane.

 That is the one we would be flying on.

 They called our group and we found our seats. We reviewed the safety card, and then we looked at the snack card so we could pick what we wanted to eat later.


 Once we were at the proper elevation, we opened our lap trays and pulled up our monitors. Flight attendants served us snacks and soda. And they gave us whole cans! I was used to just getting a small cup with a few sips of soda. So this was a nice treat.

 My can had Spider-Man on it.


 Mr Duffy and I shared snacks, then he started gaming and I became restless. I tried coloring, then played a game on my phone, then watched a movie without sound. I really just wanted to get to New York.

 We safely landed at JFK airport. This was Mr Duffy's first time leaving California. Right away we grabbed a cab and headed to the house where we were going to stay.

Even though we didn't do a lot on the flight, we were exhausted. We went to bed right away, even though our bodies thought it was three hours earlier. We had a good sleep so we could have a good next day.

No comments: