Monday, July 15, 2019

All Things Boysenberry

On my way to San Diego, I stopped at Knott's Berry Farm. I wanted to eat fried chicken and get some boysenberry treats.

I didn't go into the park, but there is enough outside to see and do that I was able to fill a couple of hours just shopping and eating.

This chicken was just walking around outside.

I don't know why chicken cross roads, but if this one does, it won't end well because that is where the chicken restaurant is.

Peanuts characters are part of the Knott's park. Snoopy can be found in many places there.

This was built out of tiny bricks, just like LEGO ones.


I liked seeing all of these little trinkets.


Snoopy is holding onto a boysenberry bunch.



Charlie Brown!


Lollipops, as big as my head!




The Red Baron was flying at the top of the store.

This was a really cool wooden sign for sale in the shop across from the Snoopy store.

This enormous bear was sitting near the front entrance. I wonder if this is how big real bears get. That is gigantic!

Bigfoot was also in the store.

This chicken was not real, that is good because now I was even closer to the restaurant.

I love fountains, I would sit near one all day if I had time, and it wasn't too hot.




Biggest chicken ever!


I looked in my menu but I didn't need to. I knew exactly what I wanted.


I had the very delicious boysenberry punch.I bought a bottle of the syrup so I can make my own at home.

These biscuits they serve are so good, and they come with butter and boysenberry jam. I had to try hard not to fill up on this bread.

My meal included a dinner salad.

I also had this cream of chicken soup. Would I have enough room to eat my main meal?

Oh, so good! Mashed potatoes with gravy, buttered corn, and big pieces of crispy fried chicken. All good stuff.


I was really full after lunch, and all the sugar from the punch made me feel like I needed a walk. Luckily I had more shops to walk through.

I love saltwater taffy, but this is one flavor I will never eat.

When they say "every flavor" they mean every flavor.


In the back of this Emporium is this small waterfall. I have heard stories about this that go back a few decades. If you visit, it is so warm and extremely humid in there.


I bought an assortment of boysenberry goods, then wet outside and sat by a small fountain.

I wanted to get all the boysenberry things, but I mostly got candy, syrup, honey, barbecue sauce, and cookies. This should last me long enough until I drive through this area again.


No comments: