Saturday, December 28, 2019

Winter Fest 2019

 This year, I got to experience Winter Fest at Great America. Mr Duffy joined me for an evening of magical fun.


 I got a map from the gate and looked at it to plan out our evening. I knew there was a Starbucks here, so I had to find where it is!

 One of the first things we did after buying popcorn was we watched the tree lighting.

 Peanuts characters are in the park, and there is a whole section dedicated to Snoopy and friends.

 I love that these trees are individually colored, yet look so beautiful standing side-by-side.


 There are a lot of roller coasters in this park, but we didn't ride any this time. We just went for the sights and sounds.

 There are so many lights!

 I love the composition of the blues and colors on the branch, while a white tinsel tree helps to balance it.



 At the end of the night, they do a closing ceremony.




 The tree is sixty feet tall!





This was the tree lighting with performers singing holiday songs.

Here is the closing ceremony with all of the Christmas characters coming together.

No comments: