Monday, May 8, 2023

Vermont Teddy Bear

 Today I got to visit a place I have always wanted to travel to.


It is the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory!


This is where many amazing teddies and other animals come to life.


You can explore the grounds and see the big building where the magic happens.



This is the famous colored barn.



They fly the progress flag here.


For $5, adults can take a behind-the-scenes factory tour where you can see every step of how they make their plushies. Kids are free!


They have a teddy bear hospital. Each bear is guaranteed for their lifetime. If the bear becomes injured, you can send it to the hospital where it will have surgery. They fill the IV bags with honey. I did wonder why they didn't use maple, though.


This is a table full of their newest plushies, along with prototypes of future animals.


This bear is hard at work sewing.


These are some of their charity bears, with proceeds benefiting a variety of organizations.


A display of all the bears they have made.



These are the very limited edition, exclusive holiday bears that run up to or above $400! Of course they are priceless.





This is also Vermont's location of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.



You can get creative when designing your own bear.



A wall of teddies 💗🧸



I swear I saw a dragon...



These ones are so floppy and squeezable!




Fancy!



I like this one. I think he will be one of my new friends.





Homage to Bernie Sanders, a Vermont Senator!



I'll take one, please.



Favorite hobby, mischief? Not me.



This one is fancy.



Peek-a-boo!


When I have a den with this type of bush, I shall have a topiary bear.









You can bring food and have a picnic on the grounds.




What a dream come true to visit. And I did make some new friends!



My new friends Bearnie Sanders, Monty (named for Vermont) and Champ (named for Champlain). I love them all!


And some other friends wanted to join our family. Mary Lambert, the lamb; Mr Yeti, the snow monster; Racecar, the sloth; and Johnny the Zombear.


I live such a warm, fuzzy, snuggly life.

No comments: