Sunday, May 21, 2023

Mount Umunhum

 Mental health is very important. That is why things like reasonable treats when you can get them can be healthful. I enjoy iced soy lattes. No sugar or anything added - just espresso, ice, and soy milk. It is soothing and refreshing.


Going for a drive is also good. Getting out of your cave is important.



Bright sunshine feels warm and can lift your mood. And getting out into nature is refreshing.


I took a drive up to Mount Umunhum. It is in the Los Gatos hills, overlooking San Jose on one side and Santa Cruz on the other.


They have pretty wildflowers up there.


There is a map at the parking lot that shows the trails.


Just be careful, there are multiple hazards. Stay on the trails to avoid poison oak. Be on the lookout for snakes.


I don't know if this is lavender, but it sure is beautiful.



Look at that open sky.


There is an open space for emergency helicopters.


Nature really is refreshing. You should try to get into green spaces at least once a week.



I could live in the forest.


 
Silicon Valley is below.



I wasn't here long enough for a picnic or a hike, but long enough to take in the beauty and feel my spirits getting even higher.



"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." - a person




The building at the top is an old radar tower, I think which was part of a long gone military base.







After the brief visit, I started the drive back down the mountain. I stopped at the Sierra Azul Open Space on the way down.








Take care of yourself, practice self-love, get into nature, and hang in there.


No comments: