Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Back Where I Belong

 My vacation on the East Coast came to an end. I arrived at JFK and found the Alaska Air Lounge.


They had the usual snacks, plus they were serving dinner. They had a tofu dish that was fairly decent.


The contrast from the quiet admiral's lounge versus the airport terminal was stark.


I didn't watch as many planes this time, as it had been a full two weeks. My mind was getting back to California, and preparing for my milestone birthday.



They had one of these soda machines. Diet Mr Pibb was my drink of choice tonight.



I grabbed just a bag of crackers and a few mints on my way out. I could have, or should have grabbed more mints. They are good ones.




I timed things just right to leave the lounge and boarded the plane.



They provided these boxed waters.


I got a good look at the grounds before we took off.


They gave us a welcome drink of champagne.



We also got a snack of roasted nuts.


Our dinner was salad, bread, and a main. They didn't give me a vegetarian option, so I chose the salmon.



Not long after dinner, they gave us these very cute teddy-sized tubs of ice cream.




The passed around a basket of snacks at around the fourth hour. I chose popcorn.


Finally, we were crossing the state line into California.



Home sweet home.

No comments: