Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Sonoma State Historic Park

 After General Vallejo's home visit, I went on to Sonoma State Historic Park. One of the features here is the site of the Bear Flag Revolt.




This is also where Mission San Francisco Solano is. This was the twenty-first and final of the Spanish missions to be built. It is under control of the California State Historical Parks system. And I used my historian pass to get in here for free, too.





The indoor church and exterior grounds are open for exploring.













Always a treat to take a picture with a state historical marker.





After touring the mission, I got to see parts of the Toscano Hotel.











There is a lot to explore, much to see and do in the Sonoma Plaza.











After all of the exploring, I had worked up an appetite. So it was time to visit the Sonoma location of one of my favorite restaurants.

No comments: