Sunday, December 24, 2023

Seven (Or More) Fishes

 Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It means there is still one more day left of the Christmas season. It also means it is time to eat fish and cookies!


Mr Duffy and I planned a big meal, as we do every year. We grazed all day on a variety of crackers, cheeses, vegetables, dips, fruits, nuts, candies, and cookies.

We also sipped wine, as you do, with things like fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, asparagus, olives, olives stuffed with garlic, smoked salmon, grapes, pickles, and more.


What an amazing spread. I am grateful for what I have.



These cookies are so tasty, from a local bakery.




By the end of the snacking, we had to take time to digest so we could eat dinner.

We enjoyed egg nog with candy canes to stir.


I had to change out of my nice clothes and into pajamas. Then it was dinner time. We had pasta and lasagna and clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, calamari, anchovies, and more.



It sure was a delicious day.

No comments: