Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Buon Natale!

 To me, Christmas is all about Italian food. While visiting Christmas in the Park, I went to Original Joe’s for dinner. This is a casual yet fancy Italian restaurant. 


They have a menu full of the standard appetizers, drinks, entrees, and desserts. 


I ordered eggplant Parmesan. That’s one of my favorite meals. 



There were a number of sides from which to choose. I chose the vegetables and they were delicious. So, so tasty. 



Before the meal, I ordered the calamari for an appetizer. These were no joke. Big, perfect texture, and served with a cocktail sauce and a tartar sauce. 



Their napkins were festive, and the restaurant was decorated with a lot of trees, wreaths, and other holiday items. 


They had a menu of special holiday cocktails. I ordered the martini which had crème de minthe and had a candy cane rim. So pretty!



I didn’t want to sip too much as I was waiting to enjoy hot chocolate later in the evening. 



The food is amazing, atmosphere cozy, and staff friendly. It is a bit pricey, but worth it as a holiday treat. And now I want to eat pasta. 

No comments: