Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Knott's Berry Farm! Part Four

 One thing that took me by surprise was finding a California state historical marker. This one is #726, the Old Maizeland School, which was known as the Rivera School. The marker represents the building itself, not the location of the school.

If you see a jail at Knott's, walk up to the window and start a conversation.

I made my way down to the gold panning troughs. I tried my luck with panning.

The water troughs had sand, and there was a chance to find gold flakes.

You fill the pan with sand and water, and make large swirls under water. This empties the sand, leaving any possible gold to settle at the bottom of the pan.

I did find some gold! They put it in this tiny vial for me.


Ghost Town sounds like a fun place to be.




These rocks are so much prettier in person.

These ones were sparkly. Again, you have to see them in person.

And there were barrels of salt water taffy.

There were cute ponies in the shop.

I was feeling like I had seen enough, but I wanted to get on one last ride before leaving.

There is a cute train in Camp Snoopy. Of course I wanted to go on another train.

Peanuts characters were scattered throughout the ride.



Choo choo!



Duck!




One stop at the boysenberry display before leaving the park.


My time inside the park was done, but I still had the outdoor marketplace to explore. And chicken!

No comments: