Friday, March 18, 2022

Farmer's Market, The Grove, and the Hollywood Sign

 Today was another LA Day, but a bit more casual and a tad less touristy. I went to the Grove/Farmer's Market. First order of business was to get an iced mocha from the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.


And then it was on to Dylan's Candy Bar. I was excited to see one closer to home, and not having to go all the way back to NYC to visit again. Though this was tiny in comparison to the flagship store.


They had Easter candy for sale.

So many prepackaged sets which is convenient for a quick grab gift.


So many colors!

This was a fun container, a giant bear full of gummy bears.



Lollipops!

I would love to have this wall decoration. Where would it be fun to hang? A game room, maybe.

I bought several gifts for teddies and lovies back home.

Bags of assorted candy that I know they would like were first up.


And then I picked out half a dozen specialty chocolate bars.

I was ready to hit up the next store. I stopped at the old fashioned truck first.


And then... American Girl Place!

They had a doll sized Pac-Man game on display, but was out of stock. I really, REALLY want one!!!

I tried out Julie's bunk bed. I did fit on it, but I look like a giant compared to the doll.


This playhouse was in the store, lots of fun.

All that shopping made me work up an appetite. I kept hearing good things about Trejo's Tacos, so that it where I got lunch.


I ordered the surf-n-turf burrito.


It was SO DELICIOUS! I can't wait to get back to eat another one.



I visited their Barnes and Noble, but all I bought was a soda. I had been so busy all week, running around and was starting to really feel it. I was driven around more of LA, and I was able to see the Hollywood Sign. A great viewing point is at Lake Hollywood Park. They have a large grass area, playground, and possibly places to play some sports.



There are very clear views of the sign from the park. Other places, it is obstructed. I haven't been to the other viewing spots that have been suggested, as I found the park to be a great spot.



I went back to the hotel to rest before grabbing dinner. The next day was a travel day, but the vacation was not over. Zzzzz.


No comments: