Monday, February 22, 2021

Sweet Potatoes!

 

"Sweet potatoes!" Sounds like it could be an expression of surprise, doesn't it? January 22nd is Cook a Sweet Potato Day.

Sweet potatoes aren't my favorite, so I made them as a part of a sheet pan of veggies. I like to pair them with greens because they complement each other well.

I peeled and chopped a sweet potato. They kind of look like chunks of colby jack cheese.


I have a scrubber to clean the skin and get all of the dirt out of the nooks and crannies.

Look at the size of that thing! Sometimes these potatoes are so big, they could feed a few people. Sweet potatoes have many health benefits. They are high in fiber and protein, low in fat, and have no cholesterol. They are a good source of B-6, and an amazing source of vitamin A.

No comments: