Thursday, June 3, 2021

Main Street, Cambria

 Today was our last day of this trip. We went back to Sandy's because we really liked their pastries and coffee. I wanted to snap some pics before getting on Highway 1 and heading home.

This is the Legion Hall.

There is some great artwork here. I love how it looks like a bulletin board filled with pinback buttons.


This is the old Cambria jail. It was locked up, so we couldn't peek inside. It just looks like an outhouse. There might not have been that many people in town when the jail was in use. There aren't even that many people there now.



This anchor was near the jail, next to the old lighthouse lens.

This is the old light from the Piedras Blancas Light House.

This is the closes I have ever been to a light house lamp. That is another thing on my bucket list, to visit inside a light house and climb up to the lamp>


There was this great art piece on the fence. It looks like rainbow wings, and you can pose in front of it.

Yay, fly away!

This vacation was luxurious and amazing. We had some fantastically delicious clam chowder (and other food), got a ridiculous amount of salt water taffy, some otters playing in the water, enjoyed the beach, did some shopping, soaked in the big jet bath tub, and drank good wine. It was so special, I would love to do more! But that is what makes it extra special. And I had the best company I could ask for. Back to reality, and I can plan for the next vacation!

No comments: