Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Napa Valley and Oxbow Market

 After a nice drive from Calistoga to Napa, I ended up at Oxbow Public Market. 🧸🧸🧸🧸

This is a popular market that has an open grocery store in the middle. Lots of fresh produce, organic packaged snacks, fresh pastas, and more. They also have several market stalls that sell such things as coffee, sandwiches, empanadas, and more.

I tasted a delicious confectionery from Kara's Cupcakes. 🧸🧸🧸🧸
I love lemon and cream, and my choice of cupcake hit the spot. Prices are reasonable considering the location. Definitely cap off your visit here with a tasty treat from Kara.



I ate a late lunch at Hog Island Oyster. 🧸🧸

Why the low rating? First, the employees seemed very disinterested in me and my business.


There were also shells in my lobster mac and cheese, which made it very unpleasant to eat. Also, there was little to no flavor in the "mac and cheese" part.



Also, the cost was exorbitant - an unreasonable markup for similar food and portion I could get in another tourist town.






I understand that the Napa Valley is a world-class destination, with expensive wines. But I also know that with budgeting, careful planning, and prioritizing, one can have a good experience.




No comments: