Thursday, April 25, 2024

Calistoga's Old Faithful, Part One

 I last tried to visit this geyser two years ago.


Due to the tragic droughts of California, there were very few eruptions.



But since the several atmospheric rivers that soaked California over the last two seasons brought the state out of the drought, witnessing a spouting was a guarantee.


Calistoga is also part of Wine Country, so of course much of their decor involves wine bottles.


A carved bear. I love it!



Wine barrels also added to the decor of the attraction.




Is this bench comfy enough for an afternoon nap?


I want one of these racks for home!



And there it is! One of only three active geysers in the world. Will it blow? When?


I waited...


And within minutes of my arrival, it activated!



I envisioned myself, cartoon-like, sitting on top of the spray and riding the wave.



With the palm trees in the background, this felt very "California" to me.


No comments: