Saturday, January 23, 2021

Time for Pie

 January 23rd is National Pie Day. There are other days devoted to other pies, and also just pie in general.

I thought that since I would be having cherry pie that I would make it a savory pie day, too.

I had a delicious chicken pot pie for dinner. I like the peas, potatoes, and gravy. And also the crust. So I could just eat a veggie pot pie and be happy.


Comfort foods like these sure do make me feel warm and fuzzy when it is winter.
And now, cherry pie time.

This pie was especially tart, which I like. I do enjoy a range of desserts in a range of taste sensations.

I don't eat a lot of pie because I don't usually think about it. My favorites are fresh peach in the summer, and Boston cream other times. And I love cheesecake, but is that a pie? Or is it a cake?
 

No comments: