Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Vacation Planning

 

January 26th is Plan For Vacation Day. This month is a good one for planning where you would like to go in the year.

I use California interest books as a way to plan my upcoming trips. I do like all of the big, famous tourist areas. But I am also interested in the local spots and peculiar destinations.

Ghost towns are always a fun place, full of history with a bit of a creepy element.


My favorite book to help me with planning is Weird California by Greg Bishop, Joe Oesterle, and Mike Marinacci. I have planned many trips from it and have knocked a few places off of my list. This year we still have some restrictions in place, so we have to stay within a certain distance of home. I will find some fun places to visit, and when it is safe, I will visit the Salton Sea, and go hunting for Bigfoot in Willow Creek.

No comments: