Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Drive Thru Tree

 Hitting the road again! I was heading up to Northern California, along the coast, through the redwoods, and making a loop through Oregon and back. Today, my destination was Eureka.

 I made my mandatory stop at Starbucks for my road trip beverage. I got an iced soy latte and was ready for the long drive ahead.


 After a few hours on the road, and a couple of stops for food and snacks, we stopped at the Drive Thru Tree in Leggett.

 We were greeted by these bears at the entrance.


 I love redwood trees.

 The park is beautiful, lots of greenery, and carved statues scattered throughout.




 This was a trunk that was on its side.

 Sir Wellington, my dog, wouldn't have liked these statues. Birds scare him, poor doggie.





 Bigfoot is a popular character in this area.


 More of the Sasquatch family.


 This is the tree we drove through. It is called the Chandelier Tree.



 There were a few other interesting things to see.



We went into the gift shop and bought a bag of bear poop, which is actually chocolate covered peanuts.

Time for Rumbletum to get in the car with me so we can head to our next point of interest!


No comments: