Thursday, June 11, 2015

Yosemite

This was my first visit to the Eastern Sierras in California.

I left home in the morning and drove a long way to get to Yosemite. I have heard many things about the park.

What I didn't know is that there is a $30 vehicle admission fee, even if you aren't staying in the park. So it's a sort of toll, like one would pay to cross a bridge. I thought that was a bit much.

I wasn't staying here, but I figured since I was being charged anyway that I may as well get out and see some of the sights.

I'm not sure of the names of the various lakes or mountains here. It is very beautiful.

I do want to come back one day and have a proper visit. But I have officially been here so this does count as a visit.



I feel so at home in the woods.

 
Yosemite National Park is huge! I'm sure I would need a whole week to see it all. Maybe one day.

I continued on Tioga Pass to get to my destination for the weekend: Mammoth Mountain.

No comments: