Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Homemade Tortilla Soup Time

 I'm a fan of soup as it gives me warm fuzzies. Fuzzies. Because I'm a teddy. And today is National Soup Day.

 I bought a bunch of veggies, some to snack on while I cook, and the rest to go in my soup.

 I picked up these potatoes because the purple ones are loaded with antioxidants. Good stuff!

 Have you seen carrots that aren't orange? I regularly eat red, white, yellow, and purple carrots. They all taste the same but have slightly different nutrient contents.

I cut a giant onion because all good soups need it.

 I put zucchini and yellow squash in my soup.

 And avocado is absolutely necessary. If you like cheese, you can sprinkle it on after you pour a bowl of hot soup, and the cheese will get melty. And squirt a bit of lime for that extra burst of flavor.


And the part the soup is named after, the tortilla. Top with chips and enjoy!

No comments: