Thursday, February 27, 2020

Clam Chowder and Chocolate

 We wanted to explore Eureka as we had never visited before. We had only driven through it. We went to the waterfront which wasn't as built up as I had imagined. We wanted lunch and figured on seafood since we were on the coast.

 We went to Cafe Waterfront and were seated right away. They gave us a table at the window so we could see the water while we ate.


 I ordered a Diet Coke for my beverage.

 I started with clam chowder because I think it's the law when you are at a seafood restaurant.

 I was so cold and really felt the warmth as the chowder went down.


 I ordered the shrimp sandwich for lunch with pasta salad on the side. Both were delicious, but a bit smaller than I'd like. Still, tasty food.


 After eating, we took a walk.




 I love the water. I really want to go on a real boat one day.







 These birds would land on the railing and stay perfectly still. And every time I took out my camera for a picture, it would fly away.



 As we walked, we found there was a chocolate shop. We stopped in and picked a couple pieces and a few bars. It smelled so good in there.


After exploring, we wanted to go back to the hotel to relax and enjoy the resort. So that's what we did.

No comments: