Saturday, February 1, 2020

National Dark Chocolate Day

 There are many health benefits in dark chocolate. It does not usually contain milk and is often low in sugar. The higher the cocoa content, the better. It is high in antioxidants and iron. And, it tastes good!

 I picked up a variety to sample the different flavors available. Many of the bars available at Whole Foods are vegan, fair trade, organic, some combination of them, or all three. And some of them have healthful add-ins like berries, almonds, flax seed, and even quinoa.

 These bars are from the company Endangered Species. They have been around for a while, and I have eaten their delicious chocolate before. They have changed their wrappers.

 I bought two different bars that have espresso so I can compare flavor.

 I have eaten quinoa before, and I like it, but I have not tried it in chocolate. It sounds like it would be very good.

 Whenever I open a chocolate bar and it has a gold wrapper, I think I have won a trip to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. No such luck.

 But it is SO GOOD. This one has crunchy almonds.

 The chocolate tastes as smooth as it looks.




 I love chocolate, it is one of my favorite things to eat. While it is true that you can have too much of a good thing, I don't think that applies to dark chocolate.





No comments: