Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Chasing an Urban Legend

I had been reading about a supposedly haunted road in Silicon Valley. The legend says there is all manner of unsettling characters who live on Hicks Road in San Jose. So I set out to do some exploring.

Of course I started with some coffee. Starbucks premiered their holiday beverages, so of course I tried the sugar cookie latte. It tasted like a latte that had some sugar sprinkles on top.


I also chose a snowman iced sugar cookie, then headed out.



The drive on Hicks Road is long. It’s beautiful, lined with trees, and it borders parts of Almaden Quicksilver Park. There are areas of lakes and streams. It’s quite peaceful. I didn’t find any quirky characters, but I did see this collection of shoes on a wire. The drive was lovely and I’d be happy to do it again.

No comments: