Thursday, November 25, 2021

Turkey-ish Day

 It is the Thanksgiving holiday.




Mr Duffy and I stopped in at See's Candies earlier in the week to pick up our chocolates for the day.

We picked up our traditional chocolate turkeys. Mr Duffy picked out fall flavored truffles.


We watched the Thanksgiving episodes of Friends.

How did Monica get the fez to stay on the bird?



How did it smell in there???

We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. There was a Grogu balloon this year!

The scented candles added too our ambience. Yummy pie!


We had delicious cranberry sauce, not the stuff from the can. But I do like when it holds that shape! It was so tasty on croissants.



I experimented with green bean casserole this year. A different recipe, but the guests still liked it.

We also had mashed potatoes and stuffing.

And for the first time this year, we had macaroni and cheese. I didn't know how many people served this, so I added it to the usual spread.





It was a day of tasty foods. Jimmy Fallon from TV said it is the one day in November where no one is planning for Christmas. He's right, my tree was already up!

No comments: