Friday, August 30, 2019

Time For a Bath

 After so many travels, I take a good, cleansing bath. I get exposed to many things such as germs in an airplane, dirt in the park, animal hair, food crumbs and spills, and unfortunate drops. When I need an immediate wash, I will use a spot cleanser that is delicate for my fur. But then a few times a year, I get a full spin in the machine.

I use a special bag made for plushies to swim in. They are made of a durable canvas with a zipper. They are like pillow cases, but these protect our fur better than a cotton pillow case.

One or two of us can get in the bag at the same time. Once it is zipped, we go into a front loading washer and get washed in cold water. Any detergent is fine, but no bleach or fabric softener. After the wash, we go in the dryer for a spin on the air setting. Sometimes it takes two air cycles, or we can do one air cycle and then spend some time near an open window without direct sunlight. Then we smell so fresh! And then finally, we use a special brush to fluff up our fur.

All clean and fresh and soft. Can you believe I am over twelve years old? And after all of my travels and spins in the machines, I look pretty good.

No comments: