Sunday, August 25, 2019

Silicon Valley Pride 2019

 For a few years in a row now, I attended Silicon Valley Pride, which is held in San Jose.

 It is a parade and festival for LGBT+ people and their allies to celebrate, but to also share information and to rally together to fight for rights.


 The San Jose Fire Department attends, and they have a fire truck painted up like a Shark. The local NHL team is the San Jose Sharks.



 I have seen these maker buses around and wonder what fun and innovative things are happening inside.

 There are vendors there selling many trinkets and flags.

 The groups march in an organized fashion, and they each have a banner announcing who they are.




 I love this rainbow balloon arch.



 Many parade marchers handed out flags to the spectators.


 This truck was the float for the local community center. People were dancing in the truck bed, it looked fun! I wanted to join them.




 One company even handed out lollipops! My favorite!

 This is the local cosplay group, people marching as their favorite characters.


 I love the way this bus is painted, it is so festive.



 I've always been impressed with these balloon tails.



 There were a lot of dogs walking the parade. It was a beautiful day, so I know their paws weren't sizzling.



I collected a lot of swag, and had a great time supporting the community.

No comments: