Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Museum of Natural History, Part Two

 We went to the eatery in the museum. They call it a food court but it is not like what you might expect. They have a hot bar where they have burgers and pizza, and they have a buffet where they charge by the weight. It was $6.49 for 1/4 pound of food which is completely unreasonable. I understand that they are a non profit, trying to make money, but even other tourist attractions don't charge that much. Most people eat on average two pounds of food per meal. Even a teddy needs a good amount of food. So if you eat a smaller meal which is one pound, that is just under $26. My human's plate was around 1 pound (when you include chicken bones and corn cob) plus a soda was nearly $30.

 New York is a food lover's paradise, and of course it is expensive, but you get good food and bigger portions if you eat outside of the museum. The meat was dry and the rice was undercooked. It would be better to leave the museum, eat at the pizza place (or one of the several within the immediate vicinity) to get more food which tastes better at a similar or even lower price. Just hang on to your ticket so you can re-enter the museum.

 Okay, back to being a happy teddy. 🐻

 We got to see these elephants. It is really surprising just how big those tusks are.


 These ox really kind of terrified me a bit.



 That rabbit has very long ears.


 And here are my cousins!



 These little critters are very cute.




 Here is another animal I don't remember knowing about. This is one of the  many reasons I appreciate education centers.




 It's a good thing they don't have smell-o-vision!










 Yay! More of my family!

 Looks like this one is about to have some lunch.

 Can you see a resemblance?



 It's play time!



 I'm trying to get in on the fun but there is a pane of glass separating us.


 Even Mr Duffy wanted to play.





 Is the big kitty lounging in the desert sun?








 This was a cuddly friend that I thought about bringing home, but I knew I would not have enough room in my luggage. And I was right about that!

 They're not real... they're just replicas... they won't eat me.




I took my photos and got the heck out of there.


No comments: