Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Museum of Natural History, Part Three

 There are so many animals! I thought I had seen all of them by the time I visited the San Diego Zoo, but I was wrong.

 I've known about rams, so I wasn't as fascinated with them as I was with other animals.





 We went to the African section. Inside they have this gigantic, impressive line of elephant statues. Elephants are known for having a great memory. I wish I had that ability.




 Here are some fierce gorillas.

 This one is making some kind of proclamation.


 Now here are okapi, which I had seen for the first time when I was at the aforementioned San Diego Zoo.



 These gemsbok look a bit like the opaki.




 This scene is reminiscent of the opening scene from The Lion King.








 Are these the seals wearing wigs? Or are they real lions?


 Is this a wildebeest or a water buffalo? I didn't stick around long enough to find out.




 Zebras look like striped horses.


 I liked seeing the giraffes. I didn't get close enough to them in the zoo, so I will go back to get the chance.



 I have seen ostriches and emus in person. These ones didn't try to peck my face for food.













 After the African animal exhibit, they had a section devoted to birds. Lots of birds.

And more birds.

No comments: