Friday, August 9, 2019

Build-A-Bear Workshop and Dinner

 Mr Duffy and I had a few ideas of what we wanted to do today. We wanted to go to an aquarium, but we heard the area was being invaded by a huge, scary monster. So we thought better of it and went in a different direction.

 I wanted Mr Duffy to try a rainbow bagel and we finally got one. He liked how colorful it was, and that they put a lot of cream cheese on it.

 It was so big that we were able to share one.

 Yummy!

 Oops, I got some cream cheese on my snout!

 So after getting bagels and a stop at a Starbucks, we went to the Huntington Mall. It was like a playground with stores! This giant chess set was there for anyone who wanted to play.

 We actually don't know how to play, so we just took a picture so you could see the pawns were as big as we are!

 They also had a giant checker board.


 We found what we were looking for. We were here to buy Mr Duffy some new threads for his birthday.



 It was really good planning on my part to bring an empty suitcase. Between the shopping spree at the BABW inside of FAO Schwarz, and all of the goodies I bought today, it filled the whole thing! If there is ever a Build-A-Bear convention, I don't know what I would do. A dozen suitcases? Rent a moving truck?

 Shopping is thirsty work, so we shared a berry shake and some cinnamon sugar pretzels and sat on the couches outside of the store.











This is one of the things Mr Duffy picked out, a cool shark hat. Now he wants to go to the beach or a pier and wear it. I think it looks good on him, but it does squish his ears a lot. It reminds me of a joke...


 Well we went back to the house to rest a bit before dinner. We were going out for seafood so I wanted to have enough room in my tummy. And when we hot there, they had this basket of so many breads!

This is the menu of the restaurant where we ate. I bet you can't guess what I ordered. 😂
 In case you were stumped, I got the pasta with a variety of seafood.


 Mr Duffy and I were so stuffed after dinner that we felt like lying down. We passed out right at the restaurant!

But we got up right away because we knew it wouldn't be polite to block the entrance.

Dinner was so good, and it was a great day. The best company, a successful shopping trip, and time enjoying each other.

Sadly, this was our last night in New York. I thought about hiding under the bed so I could stay, but then thought the better of it.

I found a video online of some BFFs who went to New York City to look for the Big Apple. Before I went there, I wondered how big this apple really is.


No comments: