Saturday, June 4, 2022

National Cheese Day

 Cheese may be celebrated every day, but National Cheese Day is June 4th.

Since it was also Bubbly Day - which was great planning on someone's part - I made up a plate of foods that work well with cheese and sparkling wine.


On days like this, I sure do feel fancy.


To make this, or any cheese party "extra", get a fun cheese board such as this one shaped like California. Which happens to be where the best cheese and wine come from. Within the US, anyway!



So, start with a board of any material. Wood, bamboo, acrylic, or even butcher paper spread out on a table. Put out a supply of cheese knives that work with the types of cheeses you serve.


And then set up the cheese. There is no right or wrong way to do this. But a good tip for presentation is to work in odd numbers. And there should be a variety of textures - a soft cheese, a hard cheese, and one that is crumbly or of medium firmness. Of course, you could just use your favorites.

I chose my top five: fontina, brie, colby jack, havarti, and mozzarella. I would have included provolone, but at this point I had no more room!



I ate more cheese than I should have, but my goodness was it a delicious day. I know this is an annual tradition, but I may just celebrate it every week!


No comments: