Friday, December 24, 2021

The Most Wonderful Day of the Year

 December 24th - Christmas Eve - is my absolute favorite day of the year. I love the whole Christmas season. I love making it last for two months when I start celebrating on November 1st and end sometime around January 1st. But the 24th is the Big. Day.

Christmas Eve dinner is usually large and indulgent. This year we had a luscious vegan lasagna, an oatmeal lentil loaf, and peas. Plus lots of cookies for dessert.



All our friends come over, we listen to music, eat our food, and sometimes watch a holiday movie. One of my favorites to watch is It's A Wonderful Life. I cry every year. Not just cute little teddy tears, but shaking sobs. It's great, I love it.


We also dress fancy, and have a small gift exchange, usually it is a bag of treats.


In love at Christmas.

Oh, we are looking forward to the morning, of course. But I would be happy to have this night last forever.

No comments: