Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Hug a Day

 Today is National Hugging Day. Some people say it is just Hug Day. The origin is for the act of hugging. But a piece of trivia: a group of teddy bears is known as a hug.

 It is nice to give your close friends and family a hug. It is also healthy. Giving a hug is an intimate act that releases bonding hormones that make you feel good. It is why it is so important for cubs to be held by their mommas when they are very young.

 I love hugging my boyfriend, Mr Duffy. He is very snuggly and I feel loved and protected when he is affectionate with me.

 You can also hug your pets. It can help to ease anxiety. My dog, Sir Wellington, sometimes gets scared, especially of birds. I give him hugs to make him feel safe.

I am here to give you a hug, if you want one.


No comments: