Saturday, December 24, 2022

Buon Natale

 Here we are again on my favorite day of the year.


A big plate of cookies from the local bakery is a great centerpiece for our Christmas Eve table.

And of course we have to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, at least a few times every year.


I cook Italian food every year, either on December 24th or 25th. This year, I wanted to make the Feast of the Seven Fishes. I watch a lot of food videos on the YouseTubes, and I am always tempted by the Italian fare. You might think it would be a challenge to cook seven different fish or shellfish, but if you make crab cioppino, you can get there in just that one dish.


I did make lasagna, pasta marinara, and grilled salmon with vegetables.

One thing I do enjoy having around during the holidays is a variety of nuts. This must be why nutcrackers are so prolific this time of year.

And now... decorated cookies!

And I also always like having holiday candies, too.

I sure hope we can leave some cookies for Santa!

No comments: