Sunday, March 1, 2020

Our Last Stop

 Our final hotel of this stay was at the Oxford Suites in Redding. This hotel also had a mini fridge and a microwave, plus a big television.

There was also a desk here, too. Some people do travel for work, and they would need these kinds of things. I guess I could work on vacation, work on my blog, but I usually go sightseeing and then rest.
There was a couch in this lounge area in the room, and a table where you could play games or set out some snacks.
And we had another big bed. I like lots of big pillows and they had several of those on the bed.
Kicking back for a few minutes.
I thought this was interesting fabric for the curtains, it reminded me of old scrapbook paper that used to come in big packs.
I was ready for dinner so I was looking to see if there were any local restaurants to go to.
I kicked back on the bed until we all came up with a plan.
We settled on Marie Callendar's which shared a parking lot with our hotel. I was super hungry so I got a salad bar with dinner.
With my salad I had broccoli cheddar soup. It was still winter, so this was a good thing to warm myself up with.
That is a big menu.
On our way from Eugene to Redding, we were at a rest stop and we saw this sign.

I guess I thought this was a pretty area?

I was also very excited about seeing this Valentine's tree at a gas station/taqueria that we stopped at on the road.

So we finished our dinner and went back to the hotel. We had a couple of things planned for the next day. A place I hadn't visited for a long time and was happy to see again.


Sweet dreams!

No comments: