Monday, June 17, 2019

X-Men Dark Phoenix

 I went to see what is the fourth movie in the First Class series of X-Men movies. I do like this series very much and have had many good things to say.


 I saw this movie at a theater where you have the option of ordering food to be delivered to your seat. I saw the Christopher Robin movie here and I found it to be disruptive. But this time there was only one other group in the theater other than mine and it was much less disruptive.

I ordered the turkey sandwich that had a pesto aioli dressing and crisp veggies. It was served with fries and was good.

As for the movie, this was not my favorite in the series. It was okay, enough that I was glad I watched it, but not one that I will buy to own when it is available. It is marginally better than Apocalypse, but the best is the very first in the series, First Class.

The cinematography was too dark in much of the movie, but maybe that's one of the reasons it's called Dark Phoenix?

There were a couple of things that happened that made me long for a fifth installment, and definitely one big thing that was teased since Days of Future Past that went unresolved.

This is not likely to make my top ten of the year, unless I only see ten movies this year. For more movie details, check out this review at the Fish and Cherries website.

No comments: