Thursday, January 10, 2019

Empire State Building



 I had done a lot of reading about the big NYC attractions, and the Empire State Building is one of the most recommended to visit. Some advice given was to skip this due to long lines and go to the 30 Rockefeller building instead. But I was willing to wait.


 They do have a fast-pass of sorts that people can buy where you skip the lines and go ahead of people waiting. But I didn't need it. I walked right into the lobby, bought my ticket from the machine, got in the elevator, and then I was on top of the world.


 This turned out to be the best possible time of day to visit. I got to see all of New York in the daylight, and then the City at sunset, and then NY at night.

 It was SO WINDY!!! I thought for a minute that I was gonna go flying off the building and end up on the news. But I was okay.

 One of the guards said that it could be ten degrees colder at the top of the building than on the street and I believed him. It was so windy and cold!

 They did have plenty of observation areas from inside so you could be out of the wind and cold if you wanted.


 A view of the river.

 That giant building is One World Trade Center.

 It is so beautiful up here.





 They have plenty of these viewing machines so you can get a good view of the buildings in Manhattan.


 That is the Chrysler Building.




So many people have things like shirts, coffee mugs, and picture frames that say "I <3 and="" br="" exactly="" heart="" i="" ny="" understand="" why.="">

 I left a piece of myself in NYC. It is a little piece of heaven on earth and I love it.








There are so many songs about New York and now I really understand what they all mean.

I am counting down the days until I can go back.

Amen! For N! Y! C!


No comments: