Monday, February 23, 2009

A Weekend in Wine Country

Over the weekend I visited the Napa-Sonoma area for a winter break.


My first stop was at the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. There are many items on display. In addition to the comics, there are statues, classic toys, hockey jerseys and scrapbooks in a rest area.



In the courtyard are character statues and a hologram birdbath. It's a nice place to people watch.


Charlie Brown and Snoopy can be found all over Santa Rosa.


At the Schulz Museum is the Redwood Empire Ice Arena, also known as Snoopy's home ice.


Skaters can warm up in the Warm Puppy Cafe. There are some delicious hot drinks, including the popular Peppermint Patty. It's a hot chocolate with mint, topped with whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles. It was really good.


I brought my skates with me, knowing I would hit the ice.


I certainly had my fill of Peanuts. After a night of skating and a day of exploring Santa Rosa, it was time to chill at the hotel. The next day would be abother one for exploring.

No comments: