Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Wrapping Up My First Night

 One of the perks of staying at this hotel is they give you a credit to spend in their cupboard every day. I had enough to buy two chocolate bars from Dylan's, which is a famous candy store which I will be visiting later in the week.

 I chose a Belgian milk chocolate bar, and one that is dark. I do like both kinds. Just not white - that is not real chocolate! And that is just one bear's opinion.

 I was already accumulating a bunch of souvenirs. I was glad I packed an extra tote bag!

 I bought these extra large candy necklaces for my human siblings. They look to be much tastier than the smaller ones from convenience stores.

 All that walking made me hungry again. But when am I not hungry? I took out my phone to see if there were any late night restaurants that could deliver pizza to my room. Why did I even wonder? Isn't this the city that never sleeps? I had fresh, hot pizza in my room in thirty minutes.

 I ordered a slice of broccoli ricotta, and a slice that had pasta on top of it! These people are serious about their pizza. One thing they seem to not readily offer as a topping is pineapple. That is a heavily debated topic, even here.

 Now I also wanted to order a whole pizza to keep in my fridge so I would have a slice ready to munch on throughout my stay. I ordered a pepperoni, and gave no thought to the fact they didn't ask what size I wanted. For $20, I figured it would probably be a smaller size. Holy cow, this thing was enormous! But also very tasty and kept its flavor in the fridge for the next three days.

Tons of walking, shopped out, and full of pizza, I put on my new New York pajamas and got into bed. I had to rest up for some serious sight seeing the next day.

No comments: