Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Rockefeller Center

 You can't really even begin to imagine just how big some of these buildings are. And there are thousands of them in Manhattan!


 This was a great week to visit. Very few crowds meant that getting around was easy, we never had to wait for a cab, didn't have any lines for attractions, and always seated right away for meals. Usually this time of year it is snowing or storming, but it was quite calm for January.

One thing that is so amazing about New York is they continue to celebrate Christmas deep into January. The decorations are all still up, and some people even still wish people "Merry Christmas"! It is so much fun.



 So after our morning of shopping and walking, we stopped in the Pig and Whistle for a late lunch. This is an Irish pub where they serve standard pub fare.

 I tried a Philly cheese steak sandwich for the first time and I did like it.

 I also ordered a side of onion rings because why not?


 It was a nice way to get off my feet for a bit and to sit in a warm, quiet place with hearty food.

 Here is the famous ice rink with flags from every country surrounding the plaza.


 You can see there is a lack of a breeze.



 This was in the LEGO store, it is a LEGO recreation of Rockefeller Plaza.


 This is the holiday facade of Saks Fifth Avenue. I didn't get to see this particular building lit up at night.


 St Patrick's Cathedral

Met Life Building

There are a million things to see in New York City and I only saw  tiny fraction. I loved what I did see. I understand how people can love this city so much.

No comments: