Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Once Upon a Time in New York City

 "NYC, just got here this morning..." Are you singing along? I have always loved that song from Annie. It was in my head as I rode the Long Island Railroad to The City.

 It took just over an hour by train from Huntington to Penn Station.

 Th first thing I did when I got off the train is I found pizza. Of course! The most NY snack you can eat. Well, that or a hot dog. But when I found out what dirty water was, I no longer craved a street hot dog. Haha!

 The slices are huge! Also very juicy and I am told that is standard here.

 My belly full of pizza and pulling loads of luggage, I stepped out onto the city street. I wanted to throw my hat in the air like Mary Tyler Moore in the intro to her show, but thought better of it.

 I hopped into my first ever New York City cab. I fit all of my stuff in, and caught a ride to my hotel to unload my luggage.


 This ride wasn't as crazy as some say taxi rides here can be.

 We passed by Madison Square Garden.

 And I took more pics of cabs.


 I got to my hotel and they were having a happy hour reception. I grabbed a glass of red wine and made my plans for the evening.

 The wine wasn't anything special, it was just a standard, low-end fare.

 I saw some of the famous streets as I made my way to dinner.


 I met my human group at Chazz Palminteri's New York Restaurant for dinner.

 It was quite fancy.

 They brought olives and cheese to the table.

 They also brought out fresh, warm bread with olive oil and vinegar for dipping.

I ordered one of the specials of the day, it was a variety of shellfish such as mussels, clams, and scallops with a lobster tail on a bed of spinach fettuccini. It was amazingly delicious. And that wasn't my only NYC excursion for my first night.

No comments: