Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Now That's Entertainment!

I'm glad I did as much research as I did when planning for this trip. Because that is how I learned about Ellen's Stardust Diner which is a diner where the waiters and waitresses sing and dance while they serve the diners.

 I waited in line for maybe ten minutes at most, and it turns out this would be the longest wait for anything I would have all week.
I have been on a mozarella cheese stick kick so I ordered some from the diner. They were average, but a good average with a nice marinara sauce for dipping.


Now you can't come to this diner without ordering a milkshake or a malt. I got a milkshake to share and they put two straws in. That was really nice.

 The staff get up on this small platform between the tables to sing and dance.

 I ordered the beef and potatoes dish and it was so good. The chunks of beef were moist and hot and flavored perfectly. And it was so much food that I felt like I had to stuff the last few bites in. I didn't even bother with the bread.

 My human companion ordered a burger and it took a whole lot of willpower to not swipe one of his waffle fries.

 But that was a good thing because I got stuffed from my own food.

 Here behind me you can see remnants of confetti that fall from the ceiling around every twenty minutes or so.

 This singing waiter was very near our table.

 And this gentleman was serving our food and refilling our waters as he serenaded the restaurant. It was so fun to hear these talented performers.


 Here is a storm of confetti falling. I think this might be stardust.

And a strip of it landed on my food! Hahaha!!!

If you enjoy live music, and want to be entertained while eating large portions of delicious diner food, check this place out if you are in Times Square. And leave a nice tip for your waiter!

No comments: