Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Midtown Hotel

 My home base for the next three days was at the FiftyNYC Hotel in the midtown area.

 It had a big open space with a queen sofa bed and a large screen TV. I didn't need the extra bed but it was nice to have that option.

This junior suite had a full, albeit tiny kitchen. It had a half range, an oven, and smaller appliances like coffee maker and toaster. It also had a small refrigerator. This was very convenient as I could keep my sodas cold and store my pizza. I was able to order some groceries so I could eat at least a good bit of protein in the mornings before eating some of the more, less healthy choices. (At least I walked to the majority of the destinations, so I could burn off all that sugar!)

There was a lot of counter space and they had dishes and silverware for our use. Very convenient!

 This is the desk/office area with a lamp, an outlet on the desk, and a swivel chair. If I had brought my laptop, this is where I would have kept it.

 We had a king sized bed with good pillows, but not enough blankets! Just a sheet and a very light cover. When I called guest services for extra blankets, they sent up just one and it was a thin one at that. Not enough for two humans and a teddy.

 This was the view from our hotel room looking down on 50th street with 3rd Avenue as the cross street.

 There were offices across the way and some people stayed late into the night.




 I tried out all of the rooms and did some exploring before heading out to see the city.




This guide book was on the glass coffee table. I only just glanced at it. I'm glad it was there, if I hadn't done as much research as I had, I would have needed some ideas of things to see and do.

No comments: